Many Melbournians opt for cosmetic surgery to improve their appearance and build their confidence. It is preferable when it is done on individuals with a healthy outlook on life. This is because it may improve appearance, but poor self-image is something that one needs to work on individually.
For the body, there are many places that cosmetic liposuction can improve. Given that Melbourne has a large population, there are many individuals that are turning to liposuction to get a nice looking body.
Exercise works well to build and tone up stomach muscles. However, we can couple this with a tummy tuck for faster and more effective results. Liposuction on the tummy tuck removes excess fat and repairs separated muscles. The result is a flatter and firmer belly.
Things to expect
While liposuction will give you faster results than exercise and diet, there are a few things that you should expect.
- The scars will last for close to a year before they disappear.
- You will experience some swelling during the recovery period and standing up straight may be difficult for at least two weeks.
- You will need to wear a compression garment to support your stomach before it heals.
- You may have small pipes placed under your skin to drain any blood or fluids that may accumulate.
Be sure that you clear with your surgeon on any questions relating to any of the above before the surgery.
Arm lift liposuction targets the upper arm region of the body. It zeros in on the sagging tissue under the upper arm, the pockets of fat and the hanging skin. The result is a tighter shapelier upper arm.
There are a few things that you can talk to your doctor about so that you understand what will happen. Some of these are:
- How long the procedure will take.
- The duration of recovery.
- How long you can expect to have the bandages on.
- What medication you will be required to take.
- When you can expect to show off your shapely arms.
Buttock liposuction simply decreases the size of the backside. This is a fashionable trend among many women nowadays. Fat can easily be removed to reduce the physical appearance of this area.
Some of the results of buttock liposuction include:
- Your figure is more proportional.
- Your backside projects more.
- Your backside has a more rounded appearance.
There ae some things to expect after the surgery that may not be so comfortable. Some of these are:
- The inability to sit for a prolonged period of two or more weeks.
- You will not be able to sleep on your backside until you heal. Doing so will damage the fat on the buttocks.
- If you are on an exercise program, you may have to put it off after the surgery for about two months.
- You will need to wear supportive garments in the area to keep the fat and implants in place.
After going through weight loss, you may find that your skin sags and does not seem to fit your body. This is what body contouring tries to correct. It may involve several cosmetic procedures on different parts of the body.
Some of these are:
- The face and neck area.
- The breasts.
- The stomach area.
- The arms.
- The thighs and groin area.
Thus, cosmetic surgery on the body can cover any of these areas and result in a firmer and youthful appearance for the targeted areas. Remember that you trusted liposuction physician is the best person to advise you or refer you to a professional surgeon. You can learn more about liposuction Melbourne at this leading clinic. Their liposuction procedures are some of the best in Melbourne.